- Able or likely to stick.
- Is this tape sticky enough to stay on that surface?
- Potentially difficult to escape from.
- This is a sticky situation. We could be in this for weeks if we're not careful.
- (computing, informal, of a setting) Persistent.
- We should make the printing direction sticky so the user doesn't have to keep setting it.
- (computing, of a window) Appearing on all virtual desktops.
- (Internet, of threads on a bulletin board) Fixed at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
- (Internet, of a website) Compelling enough to keep visitors from leaving.
- A woman has come to me with the complaint that her website is not "sticky" - 70% of the visits last 30 seconds or less.
- Of weather, hot and wind-less and with high humidity, so that people feel sticky from sweating.
NounSticky (plural stickies)
- A sticky note, such as a post-it note.
- Her desk is covered with yellow stickies.
- (manufacturing) A small adhesive particle found in wastepaper.
- (Internet, bulletin boards) to fix a thread at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
Adverbs for Sticky
unaccountably; perniciously; inconveniently; unpleasantly; disagreeably; terribly; unexpectedly; hatefully; inexcusably; carelessly; messily; unfortunately; handily; usefully; serviceably; properly; suitably; adaptably; amazingly; dependably; insufficiently.
adherent, adhesive, amylaceous, awkward, bathed in sweat, bathetic, beaded with sweat, beery, boggy, bulldogged, bulldoggish, bulldoggy, bullheaded, clabbered, clammy, clingy, close, clotted, cloying, coagulated, curdled, damp, dampish, dank, delicate, dewy, diaphoretic, difficult, discomforting, doughy, drenched with sweat, embarrassing, fenny, formidable, gaumy, gelatinous, glairy, gluelike, gluey, glutenous, glutinose, glutinous, gooey, grumous, gumbo, gumbolike, gumlike, gummous, gummy, gushing, hairy, heavy, humid, in a sweat, inspissated, jelled, jellied, jellylike, knotty, laborious, marshy, maudlin, mawkish, moist, mucilaginous, mucky, muggy, mushy, namby-pamby, nostalgic, nostomanic, obstinate, operose, oppressive, oversentimental, oversentimentalized, pasty, persistent, perspiring, perspiry, rainy, romantic, ropy, roric, roriferous, rough, rugged, sappy, self-adhesive, sensitive, sentimental, sentimentalized, slabby, slimy, slithery, sloppy, slushy, soft, soggy, soppy, starchy, stickable, stifling, stodgy, strenuous, stringy, stubborn, stuffy, sudatory, sudoric, sudorific, suffocating, sultry, swampy, sweating, sweaty, sweltering, syrupy, tacky, tear-jerking, teary, tenacious, thick, thickened, ticklish, tough, tremelloid, tremellose, tricky, uncomfortable, undried, viscid, viscose, viscous, wet, wet with sweat, wettish, wilted