NounSquawk (plural Squawks)
- A shrill noise, especially made by a voice; a yell, scream, or call.
- (aviation) A 4-digit transponder code used by aircraft for identification or transmission of emergency signals.
- (aviation) An issue or complaint related to aircraft maintenance.
- To make a squawking noise; to yell, scream, or call out shrilly.
- To speak out; to protest.
- To report an infraction; to rat on or tattle; to disclose a secret.
- (aviation) To set or transmit a 4-digit transponder code. (Normally followed by the specific code in question.)
air a grievance, bark, bawl, beef, beefing, bellow, bellyache, bellyaching, bitch, bitching, blare, blat, blubber, boggle, boom, boycott, bray, breathe, buzz, cackle, call, call in question, carol, caterwaul, caw, challenge, chant, chatter, cheep, cheer, chirk, chirp, chirr, chirrup, chitter, chuck, clack, clamor, cluck, cock-a-doodle-doo, complain, complaining, complaint, compunction, coo, crab, creak, croak, cronk, crow, cry, cry out against, cuckoo, demonstrate, demonstrate against, demonstration, demur, demurrer, destructive criticism, dispute, dissent, drawl, drum, enter a protest, exception, exclaim, expostulate, expostulation, faultfinding, flute, fret, fret and fume, fuss, gabble, gaggle, gasp, gobble, grievance, grievance committee, gripe, griping, groan, groaning, grouch, grouse, grousing, growl, grumble, grumbling, grunt, guggle, hail, halloo, hiss, holler, hollo, honk, hoo, hoot, howl, indignation meeting, keen, kick, kicking, lilt, lodge a complaint, make a fuss, march, mumble, murmur, murmuring, mutter, nonviolent protest, object, objection, pant, peep, peeve, peevishness, pet peeve, petulance, picket, picketing, pip, pipe, press objections, protest, protest demonstration, protestation, quack, qualm, querulousness, raise a howl, rally, register a complaint, remonstrance, remonstrate, remonstration, roar, roll, rumble, scold, scolding, screak, scream, screech, scruple, shout, shriek, shrill, sibilate, sigh, sing, sit in, sit-in, skirl, skreigh, snap, snarl, sniping, snort, sob, squall, squawking, squeak, squeal, state a grievance, strike, take on, teach in, teach-in, thunder, trill, trumpet, twang, tweet, twit, twitter, ululate, ululation, wail, warble, whine, whining, whisper, whistle, whoop, wrawl, yammer, yap, yapping, yawl, yawp, yell, yell bloody murder, yelp, yip, yowl