NounSkunk (plural Skunks)
- Any of various small mammals, of the family Mephitidae, native to North and Central America, having a glossy black with a white coat and two musk glands at the base of the tail for emitting a noxious smell as a defensive measure.
- (slang) A despicable person.
- (slang) A type of strong marijuana.
- (slang) A walkover victory in sports or board games, as when the opposing side is unable to score. Compare shutout.
- (slang) A skinhead who is also a punk.
- cribbage: A win by 30 or more points. (Double skunk > 60 points, triple skunk >90.).
Verbs for Skunk
rear—; skin—; trap—; —burrows; —con¬trols; —denies; —depredates; —digs; — ejects; —exudes; —grunts; —hibernates; — inhabits; —plagues; —preys on; —robs; — secretes; —squirts; —stalks; —stinks.
Cape polecat, animal, ape, bar, bear, beast, beat, blank, bulldoze, cavy, chimp, chimpanzee, clobber, coon, cream, cur, defeat utterly, dog, drub, ferret, foumart, glutton, groundhog, guinea pig, hedgehog, hound, hyena, insect, lambaste, larrup, lick, mongrel, monk, monkey, mousehound, opossum, overbear, overwhelm, paste, pig, polecat, porcupine, possum, prairie dog, prick, quill pig, raccoon, reptile, rotten egg, schmear, scum, serpent, shellac, shit, shithead, shut out, smear, snake, snow under, steamroller, stink ball, stink bomb, stinkard, stinker, stinkpot, swine, thrash, toad, turd, varmint, vermin, viper, warning sign, weasel, whelm, whelp, whistle-pig, whitewash, whomp, whop, wolverine, woodchuck, worm, zoril
- Rhymes: -ʌŋk
- a skunk