NounSingularity (plural singularities)
- the state of being singular, distinct, peculiar, uncommon or unusual
- a point where all parallel lines meet
- a point where a measured variable reaches unmeasurable or infinite value
- (mathematics) the value or range of values of a function for which a derivative does not exist
- (physics) a point or region in spacetime in which gravitational forces cause matter to have an infinite density; associated with black holes
- A proposed point in the technological future at which artificial intelligences become capable of augmenting and improving themselves, leading to an explosive growth in intelligence.
aberration, abnormality, absurdity, anomaly, anticness, aroma, attribute, badge, bizarreness, bizarrerie, black hole, brand, cachet, cast, character, characteristic, combination, conceit, configuration, crackpotism, crank, crankiness, crankism, crotchet, crotchetiness, curiousness, cut, deformity, deviancy, deviation, differentia, differential, differentiation, differentness, distinctive feature, distinctiveness, divergence, dottiness, earmark, eccentricity, egohood, erraticism, erraticness, fantasticality, feature, figure, flavor, freakiness, freakishness, fusion, grotesqueness, grotesquerie, gust, hallmark, human factor, identity, idiocrasy, idiosyncrasy, impress, impression, index, individualism, individuality, indivisibility, intactness, integrality, integration, integrity, inviolability, irreducibility, irregularity, keynote, kink, lineaments, maggot, malformation, mannerism, mark, marking, mold, monstrosity, monstrousness, nature, nominalism, nonconformity, oddity, oddness, odor, oneness, organic unity, outlandishness, particularism, particularity, peculiarity, personal equation, personal identity, personality, personship, property, purity, quaintness, quality, queerness, quip, quirk, quirkiness, savor, seal, self-identity, selfhood, selfness, selfsameness, shape, simplicity, singleness, smack, solidarity, solidification, solidity, soul, specialty, stamp, strangeness, taint, tang, taste, teratism, token, trait, trick, twist, uncommonness, unconventionality, undividedness, unification, uniformity, uniqueness, unity, univocity, unnaturalness, weirdness, whim, whimsicality, whimsy, wholeness
- The translations below need to be checked.