- Present participle of shield.
NounShielding (plural Shieldings)
- (physics, chemistry) The situation, in NMR spectroscopy, in which a local magnetic field is weakened by the presence of neighbouring nuclei
- (soccer) Action done by the person with the ball to protect the ball from the defender; the person concerned keeps his body between the ball and the defender.
blanketing, cloaking, coating, covering, custodial, defending, defensive, enveloping, fostering, guardian, guarding, immunizing, parental, preventive, prophylactic, protecting, protective, safeguarding, screening, self-defensive, self-preservative, self-protective, sheathing, sheltering, shrouding, tutelary, veiling, vigilant, watchful, wrapping
- (soccer action): screening
- (situation in NMR spectroscopy):deshielding