Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
NounScreening (countable and uncountable; plural Screenings)
- (uncountable) Mesh material that is used to screen (as in a "screen door").
- I'll have to buy some screening and fix the doors before mosquito season starts.
- The process of checking or filtering.
- The airports are slow now because the pre-boarding screening is so inefficient.
- The showing of a film
- The examination and treatment of a material to detect and remove unwanted fractions
- (soccer) shielding
- (in the plural) Material removed by such a process