- (transitive) To cause to become.
- The shot rendered her immobile.
- (transitive) To interpret, give an interpretation or rendition of.
- The pianist rendered the Beethoven sonata beautifully.
- 1748. David Hume. Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral. London: Oxford University Press, 1973. § 34.
- we may, at last, render our philosophy like that of Epictetus
- (transitive) To translate into another language
- (transitive) To pass down.
- render a verdict (= deliver a judgment)
- (transitive) To make over as a return.
- They had to render the estate.
- (transitive) To give; to give back.
- render aid
- render money
- (transitive, computer graphics) To transform digital information in the form received from a repository into a display on a computer screen, or for other presentation to the user.
- rendering images
- (transitive) To capture and turn over to another country secretly.
- (transitive) To convert waste animal tissue into a usable byproduct.
- rendering of fat into soap
- (intransitive), (cooking) For fat to drip off meat from cooking.
- Bacon is very fatty when raw, however most of that will render during cooking.
- (fat dripping): render off
NounRender (plural Renders)
Adverbs for Render
passively; powerfully; exquisitely; peculiarly; necessarily; infallibly; barely; charmingly; admirably; poetically; realistically; artistically.
English, abandon, abide by, abjure, accompany, accomplish, accord, achieve, adhere to, administer, administrate, afford, allot, allow, assimilate to, award, become, bestow, bestow on, bring about, bring off, bring to, bring to life, bring to pass, broadcast, carry out, carry through, catch a likeness, cede, change, change into, change over, character, characterize, chart, chord, circulate, clarify, colliquate, come across with, commit, communicate, compensate, complete, concentrate, concertize, confer, construe, convert, convey, create, deal, deal out, decipher, decoct, decode, defrost, delineate, deliver, deliver over, depict, describe, diagram, discharge, disgorge, dish out, dispense, dispense with, dispose of, disseminate, distill, distribute, do, do over, do to, do without, dole, dole out, donate, draw, drop, dump, effect, effectuate, enforce, essentialize, evoke, execute, explain, express, extend, extract, fee, fill out, flux, forgo, fork out, fork over, forswear, forward, fulfill, furnish, fuse, get across, get along without, get over, get rid of, gift, gift with, give, give away, give freely, give in, give out, give over, give up, give word, give words to, go and do, govern, grant, guerdon, hand, hand in, hand on, hand out, hand over, have done with, heap, help to, hit off, honor, image, impart, implement, indemnify, inflict, infuse, interpret, issue, kiss good-bye, lavish, leave word, let have, limn, make, make a sacrifice, make known, make music, make out, make over, map, melt, melt down, mete, mete out, naturalize, notate, observe, offer, outline, paint, part with, pass, pass along, pass on, pass out, pass over, pay, pay by installments, pay on, perform, perpetrate, picture, picturize, play, play by ear, portray, pour, prepay, present, press out, print, produce, proffer, promulgate, prosecute, provide, pull off, put, put in force, put through, quitclaim, rain, reach, realize, recant, recompense, reconvert, reduce to, refine, register, relinquish, remit, remunerate, render up, renounce, rephrase, report, represent, reproduce, resign, resolve into, restate, retract, return, reverse, reward, reword, rub, run, sacrifice, salary, satisfy, schematize, send, send word, serve, set forth, share, share with, shell out, shift, shower, signal, sketch, slip, smelt, snow, soak, spare, steep, surrender, swear off, switch, switch over, symbolize, symphonize, take a rubbing, take and do, tell, tender, thaw, throw up, trace, trace out, trace over, transact, transcribe, transfer, transform, translate, transliterate, transmit, transpose, turn, turn back, turn into, turn over, unfreeze, up and do, vacate, vouchsafe, waive, wreak, wring, wring out, write, yield
- (UK) IPA: /ɹɛn.də(ɹ)/, SAMPA: /rEn.d@(r)/
- Rhymes: -ɛndə(r)
- (US) IPA: /ɹɛn.dɚ/, SAMPA: /rEn.d@`/
Audio (US) noicon (file)
- plural indefinite of rende
- present of rende