NounReefer (plural Reefers)
- (nautical) One who reefs; a name often given to midshipmen.
- A close-fitting jacket or short coat of thick cloth.
- (slang) A marijuana cigarette.
- A refrigerated, insulated trailer or shipping container.
- (slang) (Can we verify(+) this sense?)</span> A person who smokes marijuana.
- 1922 : Her reefer cap was all on one side and on her cheek there was the print of an anchor button she had pressed on while sleeping. - Katherine Mansfield, Prelude (Selected Stories, Oxford World's Classics paperback 2002, 85)
- marijuana cigarette
- 1982: Daddy I don't want to go to school because the teacher's a jerk, he must think I'm a fool and all the kids smoke reefer, I think it'd be cheaper if I just got a job learned to be a street sweeper. - Grandmaster Flash, "The Message"
- (one who reefs):
- (close-fitting jacket):
- (marijuana cigarette): See WikiSaurus:marijuana cigarette
DET, DMT, Frigidaire, LSD, Mary Jane, Pullman, Pullman car, STP, THC, acid, antidepressant, ataractic, baggage car, boxcar, caboose, car, carriage, chair car, coach, coal car, covered waggon, day coach, diethyltryptamine, dimethyltryptamine, diner, dinghy, dining car, drawing room, electric refrigerator, electronic refrigerator, flat, flatcar, freezer ship, fridge, gage, ganja, gondola, grass, hallucinogen, hash, hashish, hay, hemp, ice chest, icebox, joint, kava, local, luggage van, mail car, mail van, marijuana, mescal, mescal bean, mescal button, mescaline, mind-altering drug, mind-blowing drug, mind-expanding drug, morning glory seeds, palace car, parlor car, passenger car, peyote, pot, psilocin, psilocybin, psychedelic, psychic energizer, psychoactive drug, psychochemical, psychotomimetic, railway car, refrigerator, refrigerator car, refrigerator truck, refrigeratory, roach, roomette, sleeper, smoker, smoking car, stick, stockcar, tank, tea, tender, tranquilizer, truck, van, waggon, weed
- Rhymes: -iːfə(r)