Mighty (plurale tantum)
- Influential, powerful beings.
- The high and the mighty get what they want.
- Very strong, possessing might.
- The boss's son always acts high and mighty.
Mighty (not comparable)
- (colloquial) Very; to a high degree.
- You can leave that food in your locker for the weekend, but it's going to smell mighty bad when you come back on Monday.
- Pork chops boiled with turnip greens makes a mighty fine meal.
- 1918, Edgar Rice Burroughs , The Land That Time Forgot Chapter IV
- I was mighty glad that our entrance into the interior of Caprona had been inside a submarine rather than in any other form of vessel. I could readily understand how it might have been that Caprona had been invaded in the past by venturesome navigators without word of it ever reaching the outside world, for I can assure you that only by submarine could man pass up that great sluggish river, alive.
Atlantean, Brobdingnagian, Cyclopean, Gargantuan, Herculean, Homeric, able-bodied, absolute, abysmal, aggrandized, almighty, apotheosized, armipotent, ascendant, astronomic, august, authoritarian, authoritative, authorized, autocratic, awesome, awfully, beatified, beefy, big, bouncing, brawny, bulky, burly, canonized, clothed with authority, cogent, colossal, commanding, competent, comprehensive, consequential, considerable, controlling, deep, deified, dominant, doughty, duly constituted, dynamic, effective, elephantine, elevated, eminent, empowered, energetic, ennobled, enormous, enshrined, enthroned, epic, ex officio, exalted, exceedingly, excellent, exhaustive, extremely, forceful, forcible, forcy, full, full-blooded, full-strength, giant, giantlike, gigantic, glorified, governing, grand, grave, great, gutsy, gutty, hale, hard, hard as nails, hardy, hearty, heavy, hefty, hegemonic, hegemonistic, held in awe, heroic, high, high and mighty, high-potency, high-powered, high-pressure, high-tension, huge, hugely, husky, illustrious, immense, immortal, immortalized, imperative, important, imposing, impressive, in force, in power, indomitable, infinite, influential, intense, iron-hard, irresistible, jumbo, just, large, leading, lofty, lusty, magnified, main, mammoth, massive, maximum, mightily, mighty in battle, momentous, monocratic, monster, monstrous, monumental, mountainous, moving, muscular, nervy, obstinate, official, only too, operative, plenary, potent, powerful, powerfully, predominant, preeminent, prepotent, prestigious, pretty, prodigious, profound, prominent, puissant, quite, ranking, rattling, real, really, red-blooded, renowned, right, robust, robustious, rugged, ruling, sainted, sanctified, senior, serious, shrined, so, stalwart, steely, stout, strapping, striking, strong, strong as brandy, strong as strong, strong-willed, stupendous, sturdy, sublime, substantial, supereminent, superior, supreme, surpassingly, telling, terribly, terrifically, throned, titanic, total, totalitarian, towering, tremendous, valid, vast, very, vigorous, vital, weighty, well-built, whacking, whopping, wieldy