- intoxicating or stupefying
- The cocktail was a heady mixture of spirits.
- tending to upset the mind or senses
- We looked out from a heady outcrop of rock.
- The rock concert was a heady mixture of their greatest hits.
- Kierkegaard is rather heady reading for a high school student.
- rash or impetuous
- He made too heady promises, and when it came time, he was never able to fulfill them.
agitating, astute, barmy, breathtaking, cagey, charged, cliff-hanging, disobedient, disquieting, distracting, disturbing, electric, exciting, exhilarating, foam-flecked, foamy, frothy, galvanic, headstrong, heart-expanding, heart-stirring, heart-swelling, heart-thrilling, impressive, inebriant, inebriating, inebriative, inflammatory, insubordinate, intoxicating, intoxicative, irresponsible, jarring, jolting, lathery, lawless, licentious, maddening, mind-blowing, moving, mutinous, overcoming, overmastering, overpowering, overwhelming, perspicacious, perturbing, piquant, provocative, provoking, rampant, ravishing, reinless, sagacious, savvy, self-willed, soapsuddy, soapsudsy, soapy, soul-stirring, spirit-stirring, spumose, spumous, spumy, stimulating, stimulative, stirring, striking, suddy, sudsy, suspenseful, suspensive, tantalizing, telling, thrilling, thrilly, troubling, unaccountable, unbridled, unchecked, uncontrolled, uncurbed, undisciplined, ungoverned, unreined, unrestrained, unsettling, upsetting, wildcat, willful, yeasty
- Rhymes: -ɛdi