NounGymnastics (plural gymnastics)
- A sport involving the performance of sequences of movements requiring physical strength, flexibility, and kinesthetic awareness.
- Gymnastics was a significant part of the physical education curriculum.
- Complex intellectual or artistic exercises or feats of physical agility.
- His mental gymnastics are legendary.
Rugby, acrobatics, agonistics, association football, athletics, bathing, breather, calisthenics, constitutional, daily dozen, drill, eurythmics, exercise, exercising, gymnastic exercises, isometrics, natation, palaestra, physical culture, physical education, physical jerks, practice, rugger, setting-up exercises, soccer, sports, stretch, swimming, track, track and field, tumbling, workout, yoga
From Ancient Greek γυμνασία (gumnasia, “athletic training, exercise”), from γυμνός (“naked”), because Greek athletes were training naked.
complex intellectual or artistic exercise
- The translations below need to be checked.
Translations to be checked