NounGraze (plural Grazes)
- The act of grazing; a scratching or injuring lightly on passing.
- A light abrasion; a slight scratch.
- (transitive) To feed or supply (cattle, sheep, etc.) with grass; to furnish pasture for.
- (intransitive) To feed on; to eat (growing herbage); to eat grass from (a pasture); to browse.
- cattle graze on the meadows
- (transitive) To tend (cattle, etc.) while grazing.
- (transitive) To rub or touch lightly the surface of (a thing) in passing.
- the bullet grazed the wall
- (transitive) To cause a slight wound to; to scratch.
- to graze one's knee
Adverbs for Graze
peacefully; contentedly; ruminatively; habitually; ceaselessly; monotonously; beneficially.
ablate, abrade, abrase, attouchement, bark, batten upon, beak, board, bread, breath, browse, bruise, brush, brush by, bunt, caress, carom, chafe, chuck, come in contact, contact, contingence, contuse, crop, cutaneous sense, dab, dap, dine, erase, erode, fatten on, fatten upon, feast on, feast upon, feed, feed on, feel, feeling, file, fillip, fingertip caress, flick, flip, flirt, fodder, forage, fray, frazzle, fret, gall, glance, gnaw, gnaw away, grass, grate, gratify, grind, hand-mindedness, harm, hit, hurt, impinge, impingement, impingence, injure, kiss, lambency, lap, lick, light touch, live on, meat, mess, nudge, osculate, osculation, pasture, pasture on, pat, peck, pick, prey on, provision, rap, rasp, raze, regale, ricochet, rub, rub away, rub off, rub out, ruffle, satisfy, scour, scrape, scrub, scuff, sense of touch, shave, sideswipe, skim, skin, skip, skirt, snap, squeak by, stroke, sustain, sweep, tactile sense, taction, tangency, tap, tentative contact, tentative poke, tickle, tip, touch, touch lightly, touch upon, touching, wear, wear away, whisk, whisper, wine and dine, wound
- Rhymes: -eɪz