- to collapse or fall
- The roof gave in under the weight of the snow.
- (idiomatic) to relent, yield, surrender or admit defeat
- I finally gave in and let him stay up to watch TV.
- Stop hitting me! I give in!
- OK, I don't know the answer. I give in.
- (of a pugilist) to droop the head
back down, bow to, break off combat, cave in, cease resistance, circulate, come across with, deliver, deliver over, distribute, fork over, forward, give ground, give out, give over, give up, give way, hand, hand in, hand it to, hand out, hand over, lose face, pass, pass out, pass over, quit the field, reach, render, resign, surrender, transfer, turn over, yield, yield the palm
- The translations below need to be checked.