- (human beings) woman, women, girl, girls
- (female person) a person who belongs to the sex that can give birth to babies
- an animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
- being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces fertilizable gametes (ova) from which offspring develop
- distaff - characteristic of or peculiar to a woman - "female perceptions"; "female orgasm"
- for or pertaining to or composed of women or girls - "the female runner"; "a female driver"
- belonging or referring to the sex which is generally characterized as the one associated with the larger gametes (for species which have two sexes and for which this distinction can be made
- having an internal socket, as in a connector or pipe fitting
NounFemale (plural Females)
- Someone or something of feminine sex or gender.
Adjectives for Female
buxom; irresponsible; elderly; frivolous; elegant; delicate; sour-faced; anemic; hysteric; shivering; tattered; bewildered; unimpeachable; upholstered; large; desirable; muscular; unattached; angular; firm-faced; formidable; grim.
distaff, female being, feminine, gentlewomanlike, girlish, gynecic, gynecoid, gynic, her, kittenish, ladylike, little-girlish, maidenly, matronal, matronlike, matronly, muliebral, petticoat, she, womanish, womanlike, womanly