NounFactory (plural factories)
- (obsolete) A trading establishment, especially set up by merchants working in a foreign country.
- (now rare) The position or state of being a factor.
- A building or other place where manufacturing takes place.
- A device which produces or manufactures something.
- (programming) In a computer program or library, a function or method which creates an object.
Adjectives for Factory
besieged; enormous; noisy; irrepressible.
Verbs for Factory
boycott —; conduct —; control —; convert ——; destroy —; dispose of —; equip —; erect —; establish —; examine —; improve —; inspect —; maintain —; man —; manage —; observe -—; picket —; promote from —; strip —; supervise —; — employs; — idles; — produces; — specializes in.
armory, arsenal, assembly line, assembly plant, atomic energy plant, bindery, boatyard, boilery, bookbindery, brewery, brickyard, cannery, creamery, dairy, defense plant, distillery, dockyard, factory belt, factory district, feeder plant, flour mill, industrial park, industrial zone, main plant, manufactory, manufacturing plant, manufacturing quarter, mill, mint, munitions plant, oil refinery, packing house, plant, pottery, power plant, production line, push-button plant, refinery, sawmill, shipyard, subassembly plant, sugar refinery, tannery, winery, works, yard, yards
- The translations below need to be checked.