- (manner) without approximation; precisely.
- Measure exactly so we can be sure it is right.
- The edge is not exactly straight.
- (focus) Used to provide emphasis.
- It was exactly an Eastern gray squirrel.
- He divided the coins exactly in half.
- He did it that way exactly to prove the point.
- His complaint was exactly that she failed to meet the deadline by four days.
- Signifies agreement or recognition
- So you're saying that we have only three days left? / Yes, exactly!
OK, Roger, absolutely, accurately, all, all in all, all right, alright, alrighty, altogether, amen, as well, as you say, assuredly, at the gun, aye, bang, by all means, certainly, closely, completely, concretely, conscientiously, correctly, da, dead, definitely, directly, distinctly, especially, even, exactingly, explicitly, expressly, exquisitely, faithfully, faultlessly, fine, flush, full, fussily, good, good enough, hear, in all respects, in detail, in every respect, in particular, in toto, indeed, indeedy, ipsissimis verbis, item by item, ja, just, just so, kerplunk, literally, literatim, mais oui, methodically, meticulously, minutely, most assuredly, naturally, naturellement, nicely, of course, okay, on the dot, on the instant, on the minute, on time, oui, particularly, perfectly, plop, plumb, plump, plunk, point-blank, positively, precisely, punctiliously, punctually, quite, rather, really, refinedly, right, righto, rigidly, rigorously, scrupulously, separately, sharp, singly, smack, smack-dab, spang, specially, specifically, square, squarely, stick, straight, strictly, sure, sure thing, surely, systematically, to be specific, to be sure, to the letter, to the minute, totally, truly, undeniably, undeviatingly, unequivocally, unerringly, utterly, verbally, verbatim, verbatim et litteratim, very well, well and good, wholly, why yes, with exactitude, with great nicety, with precision, word by word, word for word, yea, yeah, yep, yes, yes indeed, yes indeedy, yes sir, yes sirree