- (transitive) To divide into portions and dispense.
- He distributed the bread amongst his followers.
- (transitive) To supply to retail outlets.
- The agency distributes newspapers to local shops.
- (transitive) To deliver or pass out.
- A network of children distributes flyers to every house.
- (transitive) To scatter or spread.
- I raked the soil then distributed grass seed.
- (transitive) To apportion (more or less evenly).
- The robot's six legs distributed its weight over a wide area.
- (transitive) To classify or separate into categories.
- The database distributed verbs into transitive and intransitive segments.
- (intransitive, mathematics) To be distributive.
Adverbs for Distribute
genially; exclusively; uniformly; indecisively; judiciously; equally; geographically; geometrically; irregularly; indefinitely; equitably; plentifully; scientifically; socially; ultimately; unlimitedly; symmetrically; lavishly; visibly; wastefully.
administer, align, allocate, allot, apportion, arrange, array, assign, assort, bestow, bestrew, broadcast, categorize, circulate, circumfuse, class, classify, collocate, come across with, compose, convey, deal, deal out, deliver, deliver over, diffract, diffuse, disburse, dish out, dispense, disperse, dispose, dispread, disseminate, diverge, divide, divide up, dole, dole out, donate, dribble, fan out, file, fix, fork over, forward, give, give in, give out, give over, group, hand, hand in, hand out, hand over, issue, line, line up, marshal, measure out, mete, mete out, order, overscatter, oversow, overspread, parcel, parcel out, partition, pass, pass around, pass out, pass over, pay out, place, portion, portion out, present, propagate, prorate, publish, radiate, rally, range, ration, reach, regiment, render, resign, retail, scatter, set out, share out, sort, sow, sow broadcast, space, splay, spoon out, spread, spread out, strew, surrender, transfer, turn over, utter
- The translations below need to be checked.
- Distribute in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Distribute in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
Adverbdistribūtē (comparative distribūtius, superlative distribūtissimē)
- Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, 1st edition. (Oxford University Press)