- Of or relating to the first class or rank, especially in literature or art.
- Of or pertaining to established principles in a discipline.
- (music) Describing European music and musicians of the late 18th and early 19th centuries'
- Of or pertaining to the ancient Greeks and Romans, especially to Greek or Roman authors of the highest rank, or of the period when their best literature was produced; of or pertaining to places inhabited by the ancient Greeks and Romans, or rendered famous by their deeds.
- Conforming to the best authority in literature and art; chaste; pure; refined; as, a classical style.
Adverbs for Classical
superbly; acceptably; admittedly; elegantly; easily; gracefully; readily; academically; artistically; chastely; correctly; felicitously; naturally; unaffectedly; modestly; unpretentiously; undoubtedly; deservedly; avowedly; pleasingly; aptly; appropriately; commendably; deservedly; admirably; laudably; universally; uniformly.
standard, stark, stark-staring, straightforward, subdued, superannuated, superior, superlative, surpassing, tasteful, terse, the veriest, thorough, thoroughgoing, top, top-notch, total, traditional, trim, typical, unaffected, unbearable, unconscionable, undeniable, understated, unequivocal, unlabored, unmitigated, unobtrusive, unqualified, unrelieved, unspoiled, utter, weighty, well-chosen, workaday, workday, absolute, aesthetic, antediluvian, antiquated, antique, archaic, archetypical, arrant, artistic, authoritative, belletristic, capital, champion, chaste, choice, classic, clear, common, commonplace, complete, consummate, crass, decided, definitive, developed, direct, downright, easy, egregious, elegant, established, everyday, excellent, exemplary, expert, famous, fine, finished, flagrant, fossil, fossilized, fully developed, garden, garden-variety, glaring, graceful, gracile, gross, grown old, homely, homespun, household, ideal, in good taste, influential, intolerable, limpid, literary, lucid, masterful, masterly, matter-of-fact, mature, matured, medieval, mid-Victorian, model, natural, neat, nondescript, of choice, of other times, of quality, old-world, ordinary, out-and-out, outright, paradigmatic, pellucid, perfect, perfected, perspicuous, petrified, plain, pleasing, polished, positive, precedential, precious, prime, proficient, profound, pronounced, proper, prosaic, prosy, prototypal, pure, pure and simple, quiet, quintessential, rank, refined, regular, representative, restrained, ripe, ripened, round, serious, shattering, shocking, simple,