- Rhymes: -æriə(r)
NounCarrier (plural Carriers)
- A person or object that carries someone or something else.
- aircraft carrier
- armored personnel carrier
- A carrier pigeon, a newspaperese term (misnomer) for a homing pigeon, racing pigeon, racing homer, homer.
- An Old English carrier pigeon or Old English carrier (the "King of the Doos").
- A company in the business of shipping freight.
- A person or animal that transmits a disease to others without itself contracting the disease.
- A signal such as radio, sound, or light that is modulated to transmit information.
- A mobile network operator; wireless carrier.
- An inert material added to an active ingredient to aid in the application and/or the effectiveness of active ingredient.
- aircraft carrier
- armored personnel carrier, armoured personnel carrier
- carrier bag
- carrier pigeon
- charge carrier
- common carrier
- people carrier
Aquarius, Ganymede, Hebe, Hermes, Iris, Mercury, Paul Revere, Pheidippides, advocate, aerial infection, airborne infection, aircraft, aircraft carrier, alpenstock, arm, athletic supporter, back, backbone, backing, bandeau, bearer, bheesty, biological vector, bra, brace, bracer, bracket, brassiere, busboy, buttress, caddie, cane, cargo handler, carriage, carrier pigeon, carrier wave, carter, cervix, commissionaire, common carrier, communicability, contagion, contagiousness, contamination, conveyance, conveyer, coolie, corset, courier, crook, crutch, cryptogenic infection, cupbearer, diplomatic courier, direct infection, drayman, droplet infection, dust infection, electric wave, electromagnetic wave, emissary, envoy, epidemiology, estafette, express, expressman, flattop, foundation garment, freighter, fulcrum, girdle, go-between, ground wave, gun bearer, guy, guywire, hand infection, hauler, hertzian wave, high-frequency wave, homer, homing pigeon, indirect infection, infection, infectiousness, internuncio, jock, jockstrap, letter carrier, litter-bearer, long wave, low-frequency wave, mail car, mail coach, mail packet, mail train, mail truck, mailer, mailplane, mainstay, maintainer, mast, mechanical vector, medium of transportation, message-bearer, messenger, microwave, neck, nuncio, packet boat, phytogenic infection, pigeon post, porter, post, post boat, post car, post coach, post-horse, post-office car, postboy, poster, postrider, primary infection, prop, pyogenic infection, radio wave, railway mail car, redcap, reinforce, reinforcement, reinforcer, rest, resting place, rigging, runner, seaplane carrier, secondary infection, shield-bearer, shipper, shortwave, shoulder, shroud, sky wave, skycap, spine, sprit, staff, standing rigging, stave, stay, stevedore, stick, stiffener, strengthener, stretcher-bearer, subclinical infection, support, supporter, sustainer, taint, the Water Bearer, transmitter, transporter, truck driver, trucker, upholder, vector, vehicle, virus, wagoner, walking stick, water boy, water carrier, waterborne infection, watercraft, wavelength, zoogenic infection