- IPA: /ˈbʌɡə/
- Rhymes: -ʌɡə(r)
NounBugger (plural buggers)
- (obsolete) A heretic.
- (UK law) Someone who commits buggery; a sodomite.
- (slang, UK, India) Someone viewed with affection: chap.
- (slang, dated) A damn, anything at all.
- (slang, UK) Someone who is very fond of something
- (vulgar, UK) To sodomize.
- (slang, vulgar in UK) To break or ruin.
- (slang, UK) To be surprised.
- Bugger me sideways! Bugger me, here's my bus. Well, I'm buggered!
- (slang, UK) To feel contempt for some person or thing.
- Bugger Bognor. (Alleged to be the last words of king George V of the United Kingdom in response to a suggestion that he might recover from his illness and visit Bognor Regis.)
- (slang, UK) To feel frustration with something, or to consider that something is futile.
- Bugger this for a lark. Bugger this for a game of soldiers.
- (slang, UK) To be fatigued.
- I'm buggered from all that walking.
- bugger off
- bugger all
- to play silly buggers
- bagarapim (Pidgin language word derived from the Australian slang "Bugger up")
- (slang, UK, Australian, New Zealand, vulgar) An expression of annoyance or displeasure.
- Bugger, I've missed the bus.
- (slang, US, euphemisms, rare) Cutesy expression of very mild annoyance.
bad boy, ball up, bastard, beat it, bird, bitch, bitch up, bloke, bobble, bogey, bogeyman, boggart, bogle, bollix, bollix up, bonehead into it, booger, boogerman, boogeyman, botch, boy, buffoon, bug, bugaboo, bugbear, bugger up, bungle, cat, chap, character, child, clear off, clear out, cock up, cook, coprophiliac, creep, cripple, cutup, dawdle, de-energize, debilitate, depart, destroy, devil, disable, disenable, drain, drop a brick, duck, elf, enfant terrible, enfeeble, erotomaniac, exhibitionist, fag, fart, fee-faw-fum, fellate, feller, fellow, fetishist, flub, fool, foul up, frazzle, fuck up, funmaker, geezer, go away, goof, goof up, gum up, guy, hamstring, hash up, heel, hood, hoodlum, hooligan, hors de combat, idiot, imp, inactivate, incapacitate, jasper, jerk, joker, jokester, kibosh, knave, knock, knock out, lad, lallygag, lame, leave, little devil, little monkey, little rascal, lollygag, louse, louse up, maim, make tracks, man, masochist, masturbate, meanie, mess up, minx, mischief, mischief-maker, mother, muck up, narcissist, necrophiliac, nymphomaniac, outwear, paraphiliac, pederast, pedophiliac, pill, pixie, play hell with, play hob with, practical joker, prankster, prick, puck, puke, put, queer, queer the works, rapist, rapscallion, rascal, rat, ream, rogue, rowdy, ruffian, ruin, sabotage, sadist, satyr, scamp, scapegrace, scotophiliac, screw up, scum, shit, shithead, shitheel, sink, skedaddle, snafu, snarl up, sod, sodomist, sodomite, sodomize, spike, stinkard, stinker, stud, toad, tot, transvestite, tucker, turd, unfit, voyeur, wag, waste time, weaken, wear out, wing, wreck, zoophiliac