NounBooster (plural Boosters)
- Something that boosts.
- The first stage of a multistage rocket that provides the thrust for liftoff and the initial flight
- Someone who is a fan or supporter of something.
- A member of a booster club.
- A booster dose.
- When did you get your last tetanus booster?
- (military) An auxiliary or initial propulsion system which travels with a missile or aircraft and which may or may not separate from the parent craft when its impulse has been delivered. A booster system may contain, or consist of, one or more units.
- (military) A high-explosive element sufficiently sensitive so as to be actuated by small explosive elements in a fuze or primer and powerful enough to cause detonation of the main explosive filling.
Comsat, Intelsat, Syncom, Telstar, adherent, admirer, amateur, antitoxin, applauder, appreciator, bag, bang, blind, body snatcher, bonnet, booster amplifiers, booster dose, booster rocket, booster shot, boosters, buff, capper, chicken thief, claqueur, collector, commender, communication satellite, con man, crook, deck, den of thieves, devotee, dilettante, dose, draft, dropping, drug packet, embezzler, encomiast, eulogist, eulogizer, extoller, fan, fancier, filcher, fix, follower, ganef, ghoul, grafter, grave robber, groupie, hit, hypodermic, hypodermic injection, idolater, idolizer, injection, inoculation, jet injection, jewel thief, land pirate, land shark, land-grabber, larcener, larcenist, lauder, lifter, mainlining, multistage rocket, narcotic injection, narcotic shot, overdose, panegyrist, peculator, petty thief, pilferer, plugger, poacher, popping, portion, potion, praiser, promoter, prowler, puffer, purloiner, relay links, robber, rooter, scrounger, shill, shooting up, shoplifter, shot, single-stage rocket, skin-popping, sneak thief, stealer, step rocket, stick, stratovision, swindler, thief, three-stage rocket, tout, touter, vaccination, vaccine, votary, white-collar thief, worshiper