NounBear (plural Bears)
- A large omnivorous mammal, related to the dog and raccoon, having shaggy hair, a very small tail, and flat feet; a member of family Ursidae, particularly of subfamily Ursinae.
- (informal) An animal that resembles a bear, such as a koala or ant bear.
- (finance) An investor who sells commodities, securities, or futures in anticipation of a fall in prices.
- (informal) A difficult situation or problem.
- (finance, investments) Characterized by or believing to benefit of declining prices in securities markets.
Bear (not comparable)
- (transitive) To carry something.
- (transitive) To be equipped with something.
- (transitive, with witness) To declare as testimony.
- (transitive) To put up with something.
- (transitive) To give birth to someone or something.
- (transitive) To produce or yield something, such as fruit or crops.
- (intransitive) To be - or head - in a specific direction from the observer’s position.
Synonyms for Bear
Antonyms for Bear
- (UK) IPA: /bɛə/, SAMPA: /bE@/
- (US) IPA: /bɛɚ/, SAMPA: /bE@r/
Audio (US) noicon (file)
- Homophones: bare