NounBastard (plural Bastards)
- A person who was born out of wedlock, and hence often considered an illegitimate descendant.
- A mongrel. A biological cross between different breeds, groups or varieties.
- (vulgar, referring to a man) A contemptible, inconsiderate, overly or arrogantly rude or spiteful person. See asshole, sod.
- Some bastard stole my car while I was helping an injured person.
- (often humorous) A man, a fellow, a male friend.
- lucky bastard, poor bastard
- Get over here, you old bastard!
- (informal) A child that does not know his or her father.
- (informal) Something extremely difficult or unpleasant to deal with.
- Life can be a real bastard.
- A variation that is not genuine; something irregular or inferior or of dubious origin, fake or counterfeit.
- The architecture was a kind of bastard, suggesting Gothic but not being true Gothic.
- An intermediate-grade steel file; also : bastard file.
- A long, straight, narrow sword, with an undecorated hilt; a longsword.
- of or like a bastard (illegitimate human descendant)
- of or like a bastard (bad person)
- of or like a mongrel, bastardized creature/cross
- of abnormal, irregular or otherwise inferior qualities (size, shape etc.)
- spurious, lacking genuinity of authenticity: counterfeit, fake
- (rare, vulgar) Exclamation of strong dismay or strong sense of being upset.
affected, apocryphal, artificial, assumed, bantling, bar sinister, baseborn, bastard child, bastardy, bird, blackguard, bogus, brummagem, bugger, by-blow, cat, chap, character, colorable, colored, counterfeit, counterfeited, creep, criminal, cross, crossbred, crossbreed, devil, distorted, dressed up, duck, dummy, embellished, embroidered, enfant terrible, ersatz, evildoer, factitious, fake, faked, false, falsified, fart, fatherless, feigned, feller, fellow, fictitious, fictive, garbled, guy, half blood, half-breed, heel, hood, hooligan, illegitimacy, illegitimate, illegitimate child, imitation, jasper, jerk, joker, junky, knave, lad, limb, louse, love child, lowlife, make-believe, malefactor, man-made, meanie, misbegotten, mischief, miscreant, miscreated, mock, mongrel, mother, mule, natural, offender, perverted, phony, pill, pinchbeck, pretended, pseudo, put-on, quasi, queer, rapscallion, rascal, rat, reprobate, rogue, scalawag, scoundrel, self-styled, sham, shit, shithead, shitheel, shoddy, simulated, sinner, so-called, soi-disant, spurious, stinkard, stinker, stud, supposititious, synthetic, tin, tinsel, titivated, turd, twisted, unauthentic, ungenuine, unnatural, unreal, warped