- Rhymes: -æʃ
- To strike heavily.
- He bashed himself against the door.
- The thugs kept bashing the cowering victim.
- To collide.
- Don't bash into me with that shopping trolley.
- To criticize harshly.
- He bashed my ideas.
- (Internet colloq.) To submit to Bash.org, or QDB.
NounBash (plural Bashes)
- A large party; gala event.
- They had a big bash to celebrate their tenth anniversary.
- An attack that consists of placing all one's weight into a downward attack with one's fists.
bang, bat, batter, beat, beating, belt, biff, blow, blowout, bonk, bruise, buffet, bung, bung up, chop, clap, clip, clobber, clout, clump, coldcock, contuse, crack, cut, dash, deal, deal a blow, deck, dig, dint, drub, drubbing, drumming, fetch, fetch a blow, fusillade, hit, hit a clip, jab, knock, knock cold, knock down, knock out, let have it, lick, maul, paste, pelt, plunk, poke, pound, punch, rap, shindy, slam, slog, slug, smack, smash, smite, snap, soak, sock, strike, strike at, stroke, swat, swing, swipe, tattoo, thump, thwack, wallop, whack, wham, whop, yerk