NounPlatform (plural Platforms)
- A raised stage from which speeches are made and on which musical and other performances are made.
- (politics) A political stance on a broad set of issues, which are called planks.
- A raised structure from which passengers can enter or leave a train, metro etc.
- (automotive) A set of components shared by several vehicle models.
- (computing) A particular type of operating system or environment such as a database or other specific software, and/or a particular type of computer or microprocessor, used to describe a particular environment for running other software, or for defining a specific software or hardware environment for discussion purposes.
- That program runs on an X-Window-System platform.
- A high shoe type with an extra layer between the inner- and outer soles
- platform balance
- platform bed
- platform car
- platform game
- platform rocker
- platform scale
- (transitive) To furnish with or shape into a platform
- (politics) (transitive) To include in a political platform
Adjectives for Platform
movable; desolate; aggressive; rampart; terraced; portico; splintered; mosque; skeletonized; party.
Verbs for Platform
ascend to—; construct—; crowd—; declaim from—; design—; entertain from—; erect —; flit across—; gather 'round—; jam—; help up—; leap upon—; pace—; perform on —; reveal—; squat on—; straggle over—; —extends; —harbors; —projects; —protects; —rises; —shelters.
address, agora, amphitheater, arena, athletic field, auditorium, background, balcony, bear garden, bench mark, billiard table, bookmark, bowl, bowling green, boxing ring, bull ring, cairn, campus, canvas, catafalque, catstone, circus, cockpit, coliseum, colosseum, course, creed, dais, dead flat, dead level, declaration of policy, deliver an address, discourse, earth, emplacement, esplanade, estrade, field, flat, flatland, floor, forum, gallery, give a talk, ground, guiding principles, gym, gymnasium, hall, heliport, hippodrome, homaloid, horizontal, horizontal axis, horizontal fault, horizontal line, horizontal parallax, horizontal plane, horizontal projection, hustings, issue, keynote address, keynote speech, landing, landing pad, landing stage, landmark, launching pad, ledge, level, level line, level plane, lighthouse, lightship, line, lists, locale, mark, marker, marketplace, mat, mean sea level, menhir, milepost, milestone, milieu, monument, open forum, palaestra, parade ground, parterre, party line, party platform, pharos, pit, place, plain, plan of action, plane, plank, podium, policy, polity, position paper, prairie, precinct, principles, prize ring, procedure, program, public square, pulpit, purlieu, range, ring, rostrum, scene, scene of action, scenery, sea level, sea of grass, seamark, setting, site, soapbox, speak, speechify, sphere, squared circle, stadium, stage, stage set, stage setting, stand, step terrace, steppe, stump, table, take the floor, take the stump, talk, tenets, terrace, terrain, theater, tilting ground, tiltyard, tower, tribunal, tribune, walk, watchtower, water level, wrestling ring
- The translations below need to be checked.
- A platform, flat surface, notably a dais or stage
- A political platform, (electoral) program
- A plateau
- A flat roof
- (obsolete) A ground-plan
Probably from English (see above), or directly from French
- (physical) podium n., verhoog n.
- (in a station) perron n.
- (political) (kies)programma n.
- (ground-plan) plattegrond
- kiesplatform n.